Christmas Q&A with ITV Fixers

Note: these questions are that of Emily, a Young People's Coordinator for Fixers UK
@Emily_FixersYPC
fixers.org.uk

[These questions were taken from Zoella and Joe Sugg's yearly Christmas YouTube videos, namely: http://youtu.be/1j9ro77HxWg
I like to think that my blog gives a rounded view were possible, in that I publish posts from a variety of people and on a variety of topics that I might not have experienced or have the ability to write about. And so, every day until Christmas, there will be a new post of a different person's answers to the same questions. I hope it helps to get you all into the Christmas spirit!]


1. When do you start getting excited for Christmas Day?I'd say November. Or even October, but I guess November is more acceptable!
2. Do you still have an advent calendar? If yes, which do you have and if no, when did you stop having them?
NO. This is the first time in 24 years that I haven't had my own advent calendar. Only because we forgot to buy one though! My mother-in-law has a huge one with lots of treats in for each day. So every time I'm around at hers, I stock up on the days I've missed haha
3. What are favourite Christmas movies?
POLAR EXPRESS 110%
4. Do you have any funny Christmas stories/memories?
It was probably Christmas around 4 years ago when we were just about to buy our first house. We decided we would be 'efficient' with our Christmas presents to each other and get things that would be useful for the house. I didn't realise EVERY present was going to be house related. I got a kettle, cheese toastie machine, pans, utensils, a utensil holder, a chocolate fondue set, a George foreman, toaster, egg cup and plates. Fair to say that was our kitchen sorted.
5. What's your typical Christmas Day?
Up early, but not too early, husband (used to be Dad as a child) would go downstairs to check if Santa has been. If he had been, the Christmas songs come on. Pressies are opened. Breakfast is usually chocolate! Then make a start on Christmas dinner. This year will be a by different as we're hosting for the first time! And obviously Polar Express will be on again and again.
6. What do you eat for you Christmas dinner? And what is your favourite part of it?
I LOVE ROASTED PARSNIPS. My Grandma is the best at them. This year we're having smoked salmon and cheese crackers to start (not really an acceptable starter but easy!), turkey, beef and gammon as the main meat. It would normally just be turkey and something else but there will be lots of us this Christmas Day. Roasted pots, mashed pots, carrots, roasted parsnips, sprouts (they're growing on me), pigs in blankets (I hate this name but don't know what else to call them) and cabbage. Then for dessert we will be having Christmas cake, good old vienetta, macaroons and cheese and crackers!
7. Do you have any Christmas traditions?
Someone always has to check that Santa has been first thing in the morning!
8. What are your favourite Christmas songs?
Fairytale of New York andddddd Freiheit - Keeping the Dream Alive.
9. What has been your best Christmas present?
Hmmm. I'm really not that sure. I love giving at Christmas and seeing everyone's happy faces.
10. Do you prefer a real or fake Chrismax tree?
Real ☺️ Ours is so big this year we had to chop the top off so we could get it in the house.
11. This year, do you think you'd be on the naughty or nice list?
Nice. Always.
12. What are your favourite treats at Christmas?
Well the Quality Street and Celebrations always make an appearance! I love Malteaser Christmas bunnies, Cadbury snowballs and TERRYS CHOCOLATE ORANGES!
13. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents?
Giving.
14. Where would be your dream place to spend Christmas?
I'm not sure location wise. I'd love anywhere that would accommodate our whole family.
15. Are you good at wrapping presents?
I Wouldn't say I'm bad. Usually I'm so excited that I rush to get everything wrapped.
16. What time do you usually get up on Christmas morning? Is this different from when you were little?
7/8am-ish
17. How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn't real? And how did you find out?
WHAT?! He IS real.
18. What is your dream Christmas present?
Just to have everyone I want in the same place, around the table. And also a puppy. But that's probably a no go because of our kitties. My Mum's dog will be joining us on Christmas Day though.


Blogger Template Created by pipdig