24hrs with a Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger

24 hours with... Charli from Charli B ( www.charlib.co.uk)
Date: 6/3/2015 

Why have you chosen to write about today? 
Because it’s Mother’s Day and Mother’s Day is generally a good day for me.



Good morning!
What time did you wake up? 
I was woken up really early this morning at 6:45… Urgh!
Why did you wake up at that time?
My mum stayed over and she has a habit of banging on my door screaming ‘Charlotte, are you awake?’ and waking me up. 

Did you have a dream? 
Yes, I have the same dream every night and have done for years. It consists of me being trapped in an apartment really high up seeing the world pass by below but I can’t leave.
Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question) 
A bad day after the way I was woken up. Normally on Mother’s Day I am left to wake up on my own accord and I normally wake to a hand made card from my daughter with a little present… Sadly this wasn’t the case, it caused her and me to be quite upset. 

What are the first three things you do after waking up? 

I shouted, checked my phone and gave my daughter a hug.
Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have? 
Yes, I had two apple pop tarts.
What would be your perfect breakfast? 
This is going to sound really lame but crunchy peanut butter on brown bread, sadly there was none in the house. 

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want
to? 

I know this is going to sound really bad but spend time with my mum, we have quite a volatile relationship which can put quite a strain on me. She was meant to go home yesterday after I took her out for her Mother’s Day treat but instead she stayed the night and now I have to change my plans for the whole day to fit around having her here. I don’t do well with an immediate change as it throws my whole day off and sends me into an instant meltdown. 

List five things that you do between 9am and noon

I have a massive argument with my mum because I asked her if she used something, she flies off the handle at me accusing me of being like my sister and blaming her for everything. This happens just after 9. After that I just sit on my laptop and play Pet Rescue Saga, read some blogs, take a photo of my cat and have a conversation with my daughter. 

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat? 
I didn’t eat lunch today

What would be your perfect lunch? 
A prawn and avocado salad would be so good right now! 

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm

I started making dinner to keep myself occupied but my mind has been wondering because I just feel useless, I don’t understand why I can’t be happy like other people are and I get upset again that I have a stupid illness that consumes me sometimes, I’m also annoyed with myself that my mum is a massive trigger because she’s my mum and that upsets me. 

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time? 

Yes, we eat at around 4 as it's Sunday. 

What do you eat? 

We have a roast dinner with all the trimmings. 

What would be your perfect dinner? 

What I had was my perfect dinner. 

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)? 

My mum goes and we settle to watch a movie, I then make a snack at around 7 because we ate so early and everyone feels a bit hungry. 

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it? 

I have a mini routine which is just mainly take off my make up, tone and moisturise my skin and then I take all my medication that needs to be taken at night then jump into bed. 

What time do you go to sleep? 
I suffer really badly with my sleep, I sometimes don’t sleep at all or only get off to sleep at around 4/5am but I try to get myself into my bed by 11:30 so I can at least rest. 

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day? 
It’s when I want to go to bed. 

Do you share your bed? 

No, because I have such trouble sleeping I actually can’t share a bed and when someone is in the bed with me I can’t actually sleep at all.
Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc. 
I always lay on my front in a starfish position.

Reflect
What was your favourite part of your day? 

When I knew the day was coming to an end and it would soon be over. 

What was your least favourite? 

All the shouting and stress. 

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do? 

All of it. 

Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question) 
I learnt that I sometimes take good days for granted, I thought Mother’s Day was going to be smooth sailing due to it always being so and it wasn’t. I should always be prepared for the fact that my good days can turn into bad days and my bad days can turn into good, it’s just the luck of the draw and the people I’m surrounded by. 

Are you looking forward to tomorrow
YES! I am so looking forward to  tomorrow, even if it’s a bad day and I am stuck in the deepest darkest pit just the fact that I shall be by myself is pure satisfaction to me.
What do you have planned? 
I’m just going to see how I feel and take it from there.
--
Charli Bruce
Beauty and Lifestyle Blogger at CHARLI B (previously Secrets Behind The
Closet Door)

Blog - www.charlib.co.uk
Twitter - @SBTCDCharli
Facebook - Facebook.com/CHARLIBBLOG
Blogger Template Created by pipdig