24hrs with a Mental Health Lead in Northumbria Police

24 hours with... Steve Baker
 Date: 19th April 2016
 Why have you chosen to write about today?
To show the efforts which are on-going to improve the working partnerships between service users, the police and the local MH trust


Good morning!

What time did you wake up?
6.20am

Why did you wake up at that time?
To walk my dog

Did you have a dream? 
Something to do with a mountain but I can't remember!

Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question)
I always try to be upbeat and lots going on today so feeling positive. A bit of sunshine also helps!

What are the first three things you do after waking up?
Put the dog out, brush my teeth and get dressed.

Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have?
Porridge with honey

What would be your perfect breakfast?
I have either porridge or scrambled eggs for breakfast everyday

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?
I have to read a long policy document...

List five things that you do between 9am and noon.
Make a hot drink for everyone in the office
Check my e mails
Get my to do list up to date
Eat a banana or some nuts for a snack
Speak with the duty street triage staff

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?
Spinach and chicken salad - very healthy!

What would be your perfect lunch?
I try to eat healthily as I find by eating the right foods you have more energy and generally feel better. Chocolate sometimes get in the way however...

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.
I thought my to do list was getting too big!
Discussed issues around the Blue Light pledge with a colleague
Prepared a presentation
Had a meeting with the clinical lead nurse from street triage
Picked up my kids from school

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?
6:45pm

What do you eat?
Salmon with lots of veg

What would be your perfect dinner?
Steak, chips and green beans with a pepper sauce

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?
Had a long chat with my neighbour trying to put the world to rights!
Played with the dog
Helped my daughter with her homework
Watched some sport on tv

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?
I wish I did. I think that all electronic devises should be switched off by 8pm...but I never do! Making the effort to read a book before you go to sleep always helps you to wind down in my opinion 

What time do you go to sleep?
Approx. 11pm

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?
I always end up going to bed later than I wanted to...!

Do you share your bed?
yes

Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
Horizontal 


Reflect

What was your favourite part of your day?
I have nearly finished a presentation and I am really excited about using it at a national event next month to really showcase all that we are doing in the NE to improve processes and understanding for all things relating to Mental Health

What was your least favourite?
Getting up in the morning

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?
I was really happy with everything I got done and it was really productive. Having a plan and to do list always ensures that I can see what I have accomplished which helps keep you positive 

Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question) You should learn something every day. I learnt some facts from my daughter about the Inca civilisation  - stuff I had never heard before!

Are you looking forward to tomorrow?
The forecast says it will be sunny so that always makes the day better

What do you have planned? 
Going to see Newcastle United play Manchester City tomorrow night

Thank you for contributing to the series!

Goodnight!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig