24hrs with a Cygnet Healthcare Involvement Co-ordinator

24 hours with... Adam Stewart
Date: 27/04/16
Why have you chosen to write about today? 
I chose to write about today because it’s the service user awards today and it’s such a fun and different day, I felt it was a perfect choice for this.



Good morning!
Good morning indeed!

What time did you wake up?
At 05:00 this morning unfortunately.

Why did you wake up at that time?
I was meant to get up at 06:00 but it was earlier to a phone call about a question of the service user awards.

Did you have a dream? 
Not that I remember, I was wish I could remember my dreams more,

Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question)
Both I think, it will great in terms of what happens during the day but it will be bad in a sense because it’s a long day and there’s a lot to do, but as I say fun and totally worth it.

What are the first three things you do after waking up?
Debate how much longer I can get away with staying in bed, check my phone (bank balance, social media), and have a shower (wake myself up a bit)

Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have?
I don’t often eat breakfast, I usually try and stay in bed as long as possible, but today I had a cooked breakfast as it was included in the hotel price (crispy bacon and poached eggs for sure).

What would be your perfect breakfast?
Eggs benedict (bacon not ham) with some mango juice.

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?
3 and a half hour drive home after the service user awards.

List five things that you do between 9am and noon.
Set up my display stand for the service user work done at the hospitals in West Yorkshire where I work, chat and greet guests as they arrived at the awards, did a lot of walking around Silverstone race circuit, sit in Aston Martin and Ferrari at the entrance to the awards and supported service users during the service user awards.

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?
I had a tasty lasagne and salad with miniature desserts.

What would be your perfect lunch?
Oooo that’s tough, I do enjoy a Nando’s steak wrap with halloumi cheese, nom nom.

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.
Chatted to some lovely people, heard some amazing musical performances, celebrated with service users as they won an award at the service user awards, sat in an Aston Martin and Ferrari and packed away my display stand.

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?
Had my dinner at 18:00 today.

What do you eat?
I had Korean chicken noodles and a steak and ale pie with triple fried chips and gravy.

What would be your perfect dinner?
Spaghetti Bolognese, that’s my fave meal.

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?
I had my dinner and set off travelling back from Silverstone, not my usual evening, usually would involve a shower, dinner and watching television or playing Xbox.

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?
Usually it would be watch something animated and comedic, such as Family Guy or American Dad for the last hour before I sleep.

What time do you go to sleep?
Normally I would go to bed between 00:00 and 01:00, though today I was gone for just after 11:00, it was a long day.

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?
Today it was, especially knowing I had a long day ahead of my tomorrow, but a fun one nevertheless.

Do you share your bed?
I do, I share it with my partner and sometimes the family dog haha.

Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
Usually it’s the foetal position, I always sleep on my side and have a pillow between my legs to help with back (it aches a lot).


Reflect
What was your favourite part of your day?
Being at the service user awards, it was a lot of fun and inspiring.

What was your least favourite?
The long drive home.

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?
Probably get a flashier bow tie for next year perhaps.

Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question)
I learned that, despite the struggles that people may endure in life (whatever that may be), there is always the potential for something amazing to be done, anyone has the power to make a difference.

Are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Absolutely yes!

What do you have planned? 
I have work in the morning and then after that I am going to a Captain America Movie Marathon! Get to see Captain America: The First Avenger, Avengers Assemble, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Avengers: Age of Ultron and Captain America: Civil War in one glorious 13 hour sitting at the cinema with some of my friends. I can’t wait #TeamIronMan.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig