24hrs with a North East Community & Equalities Coordinator for Time To Change

24 hours with... Angela Slater 
Date: Thursday 5th May 2016
Why have you chosen to write about today?
I have chosen today as it is quite a typical day in my life- if any day is typical when doing such a varied role.




Good morning! 

What time did you wake up?
8am- early enough for me!
Why did you wake up at that time?
To make sure I am fully awake and sorted for starting at 9am and my bag is packed for London this afternoon.
Did you have a dream? 
Yes I had a really strange dream that I was still teaching and it was my first day in a new job and I went without my shoes on!! Very embarrassing!!!  I am sure it has a very deep meaning lol.
Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (use your own definition of these words to answer the question)
I think it will be a good day as I expect I will get a lot done and it won’t be too late when I arrive in London.
What are the first three things you do after waking up?
Check messages from friends & reply
Have a shower
Have a coffee
Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have?
Yes I had muesli today- I have that quite a lot as it is quick & easy
What would be your perfect breakfast?
American pancakes with maple syrup & bacon with lovely coffee
Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?
Travel on the London Underground from Kings Cross to Stratford- one of my least favourite things.
List five things that you do between 9am and noon.
Spent time with Jinder from our IT department figuring out our new video conferencing suite
Sent emails
Finished packing for London
Booked a taxi
Sorted some training for next week
Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?
I had soup & a ham sandwich ( Ireally wanted chocolate though!)
What would be your perfect lunch?
Good question! My perfect lunch would be …..(hard todecide)…..a picnic buffet with lovely breads, sandwiches, cakes etc
List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.
Got a taxi to the train station from home
Got on the train to London Kings cross
Had a coffee at the train station while reading online
Did emails by phone
Checked today’s news (then wished that I hadn’t)
Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?
What do you eat?
I ate at about 8pm just after I got to my hotel
What would be your perfect dinner?
Curry with coconut rice and garlic naan bread…yum! Oh yes and popadoms with mango chutney!
What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?
Well I did not arrive at the hotel until 7.30pm so mainly travelling and checking in to my room at the Westbridgehotel, Stratford. I also posted lots of pictures on Facebook as I got an unexpected upgrade to a deluxe room with a balcony!
Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?
Yes I usually have a check what is going on in the news that day, watch some TV then have a bath & PJ’s on before bed. In bed I usually read my kindle. There isn’t a bath here so I am having a shower instead.
What time do you go to sleep?
Around midnight usually but I usually go to bed earlier than that and read
Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?
It is influenced by when I am working. I am often awake later watching TV or Netflix when it is weekend! 
Do you share your bed?
Sometimes. My husband Barry works as a support worker and often does night shifts.
Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
I am a very active sleeper lol so end up in all kinds of weird positions when I wake up. I usually fall asleep on my side reading my kindle though.
Reflect
What was your favourite part of your day?
Sitting on my hotel balcony enjoying the views as the sunset
What was your least favourite?
Travelling on the underground
Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?
Nothing really today
Did you 'learn' anything today? (use your own definition of this word to answer the question)
I learnt (or was reminded) that you can’t predict everything in advance and good things can unexpectedly happen
Are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Yes I am as I will see a couple of people that I don’t see very often
What do you have planned? 
I will be spending the day with some of my colleagues at National Mind pulling together a resource to be used by National Mind and local Minds. The work isn’t that exciting but seeing some people I don’t see that often is. I am not looking forward to the long journey back afterwards though.

Thank you for contributing to the series!


Goodnight! 

Blogger Template Created by pipdig