24hrs with a Police Liason Lead for NTW NHS

24 hours with...Claire Andre
Date: Monday 18th April 2016 
Why have you chosen to write about today? 
It's the beginning of a new week, where hope is high to what can be achieved! 


Good morning!

What time did you wake up?
Morning! I woke up at 6.45am. 

Why did you wake up at that time?
Just woke up suddenly although the alarm, went off shortly afterwards!

Did you have a dream? 
1. Yes but I can't recall it - I love dreaming, I only wish I could remember them! 

Do you think today will be 'good' or 'bad' day? (Use your own definition of these words to answer the question)
 Good day – I was off at the end of last week due to feeling ill, so I’m eager to get back to work and catch up. Plus every day I learn something new, meet new people, and take on new challenges – I love my role!  

What are the first three things you do after waking up?
Check my phone for the time, have drink of juice and wake up my son. 

Do you eat breakfast? If yes, what did you have?
Yes always for me. A big must is always strong Coffee! With some muesli today. 

What would be your perfect breakfast?
Ooo pancakes with raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, Nutella and a little bit of cream! 

Is there anything that you have to do today but don't particularly want to?
The school run is always a rush on a Monday, it’s like we forget how to do it over the weekend! I don’t look forward to everything that must be taken in – today bike, helmet, book bag, shoeboxes and a PE kit!

List five things that you do between 9am and noon.
 Check and send some emails,
Take some phone calls and make arrangements for the day,
Drive through rush hour traffic.
Grab a coffee (always need at least 2 to start the day!) 
Chair the Northumberland & North Tyneside Police & Partners Meeting. Talk about partnership developments and working. 

Did you eat lunch? If yes, what did you eat?
 Yes - Tuna sandwich and an apple 

What would be your perfect lunch?
 *Daydreaming*.... Picnic lunch with lots of nice nibbles sat in the sunshine in the park, gardens or beach. 

List five things that you have done, said, thought, or that have happened between noon and 5pm.
 Ahhhhhh must get to ... (Insert -Wherever I was going!) I don't want to be late! 
Met with Insp Steve Baker (Northumbria Police MH Lead) and had a catch up about what has been occurring and discussed plans for meetings and the forthcoming presentation we are doing at the College of Policing Conference in May! 
Dealt with some phone queries asking for advice and support from Clinical teams,
Discussions with Police Officers about ongoing pieces of work and signposting to relevant people,
Another busy monday… feeling like not enough hours in the day.

Do you eat dinner/tea? If yes, at what time?
Yes - it's normally once my son is in bed and around 7.45-8pm. 

What do you eat?
 Omelette and salad 

What would be your perfect dinner?
 My favourite meal is anything involving pasta, rice and chicken really.  Although childhood favourite is Toad in the Hole – made with proper onion gravy!

What do you do with your evening (5-8pm)?
I attended a Seichem (Pronounced Say-keem) session at Chill Rooms in Jesmond. This is what I use to help maintain my health and wellbeing. It’s similar to Reiki but with hands placed on the body, and additionally hands may be working in the aura which surrounds the body.  It reputedly was one of the healing arts practised in ancient Egypt.  Reiki is one of the four elemental rays which make up Seichem – earth (reiki), water, air and fire. Spend time with my son, hear all about school and a new computer game, do some reading with him and his bedtime routine. Shower and watching TV. Also a bit of Twitter time! 

Do you have a 'get-ready-for-bed' routine? If so, what is it?
 Yes, I must check things are switched off, windows and doors locked, get some juice, brush teeth, moisturise, and check in on my boy and bed!

What time do you go to sleep? 
 Normally go to bed at around 10.30 to read for a little bit I'm a big Cecilia Ahern fan - just finishing reading the Marble Collector. 

Is this when you want to go to bed? Or is it influenced by what you're doing the following day?
 I normally go at this time, unless it’s not a 'school night' and watching a movie!

Do you share your bed?
Yes 

Which position do you tend to sleep in? e.g. foetus, starfish etc.
I love my bed, favourite place to be! I must be snuggled right under with the duvet wrapped full around me while I'm in foetus position. 

Reflect

What was your favourite part of your day?
Looking over the partnership working we are doing in the Police & partners meeting and the plans for the presentation at the College of Policing. Plus my Seichem session!

What was your least favourite?
 Nothing – all a good day!

Did anything happen today that you'd like to change or re-do?
Just wish I could use a magic portal to save on driving time….

Did you 'learn' anything today? (Use your own definition of this word to answer the question)
I am always learning new things with every discussion and interaction with both Police and Clinical staff.  I have learnt so much in my role in relation to clinical services and the Police. 

Are you looking forward to tomorrow?
Yes – for the same reason – every day new challenge. No day is the same. 

What do you have planned? 
Catching with my colleagues in the NTW safety team, and have a session to understand what revalidation as nurse means to me and what I will be required to do. 

Thank you for contributing to the series!

Goodnight!

Blogger Template Created by pipdig